Typeface: How we decided on it



While editing, we thought very hard about what we wanted our typeface to be. We looked at other music videos and what they did, and how they did their typeface and we looked at some digipacks to find inspiration.

With this, we constructed a colour palette that consisted of many vibrant colours and pattern pallets. The colours we chose were the fluorescent blue and green. We found these colours best represented the mood we were going for.

With this conclusion, we started creating sample typefaces and adding them to our footage just to see how it played with the colours in the footage. We quite liked the way the colour looked.

By now we had the problem of trying to find a font that looked good enough to look professional in the video. We ended up looking individually for a font and I found this one:


With this, we ended up using this font for both our music video and our digipack and advert. We found this font represented what we wanted to do, best. It also looked a lot better with the footage.


This is a video my partner created, that we used to try and choose which typeface we liked best. We also showed some peers and other people and asked them which they liked the most. We considered their responses when choosing our definite font

A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER:


My partner ended up changing the idea we had for the font and ended up using an 80s inspired font. It worked better and fit better with the video. We also changed the colour of the font as it looked more aesthetically pleasing.

I personally quite enjoyed the blue and green colours in our original font. I thought it presented quite a nice mood and I quite liked the way we added an outline and a shadow layer to the video. Because of this, in the edit I did of our potential final music video I added the blue and green font to the typeface and I quite enjoy how it ended up. I liked the fact that it reminded me of films in the 90s, I felt it gave the video some character and an attractive mood. 

Unfortunately, we ended up not using that music video or that font or colour but I was glad I used it and created a version of the final music video that reflected my vision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis: J Cole - False Prophets (Music Video)

Practice Video: Music Video 1

Planning: The Process of Picking Songs