Music Video: Edit 6

This is the final edit before the addition of the overlays. In this edit, she rearranged, swapped, cropped and adjusted the speed of some clips. The edits before these involved a lot of shaking and seemed quite unpolished. She found that this edit reflected normality and reliability through the video and wasn’t “too flashy”. She believed this edit looks professional and delivers the aesthetic we both intended on communicating. 

Personally, I don’t believe this edit is ready to progress into the overlay process. I believe this edit is still a while away from reaching the standard it needs to be seen as a professional video. I say this because I believe that if we had edited his video together, I would have insisted we create a rhythm throughout the video. Creating a rhythm throughout a video can be very effective as it implies a mood, a speed and a feeling in the video. Rhythm in a music video can draw an audience to want to dance or feel certain emotions. I believe this would have been tremendously effective in our music video as the song is quite an upbeat song that implies dancing therefore creating a music video that provokes a dancing mood would only be fit. I do however enjoy the way my partner had chosen to edit this video, but I believe there is a lot more she could have done, before progressing to the overlays.

DISCLAIMER:

I was not part of the creation of this music video. I had no availability during this time to help her edit this music video. I have made no contribution to this edit. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis: J Cole - False Prophets (Music Video)

Practice Video: Music Video 1

Planning: The Process of Picking Songs