Music Video: Edit 4


In this edit, my partner experimented with adding non-dietetic sound to the start and finish of the music video. She got the idea to try this from a music video by artist Charlie XCX for her song Super Love, where she begins with chatting sounds from the street and then later the video progresses to play the song. She belied that this would perfectly suit our genre and our target audience. She found that due to the genres New York origins and our young audience it was suitable to relocate the young, contemporary, urban vibe in order to attract our audience while still staying true to the genre. 

I believe this was a brilliant idea and I quite like the addition of the non-diegetic sounds to the start and finish of the video. I do not, however, agree that it matches the genre of the song. I believe it evokes a teen like mood, but I do not agree that it relates in any way to the genre. Being an alternative RnB song with Hip Hop/Rap roots I believe these sounds don’t communicate the genre of the song but certainly do communicate a teen like mood and atmosphere.

DISCLAIMER:

I was not part of the creation of this music video. I had no availability during this time to help her edit this music video. I have made no contribution to this edit. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis: J Cole - False Prophets (Music Video)

Practice Video: Music Video 1

Planning: The Process of Picking Songs