FINAL Music Video Focus Group

FINAL: Focus Group










DISCLAIMER:

I was not present in during activity. If I had been part of this activity I would have liked to have asked:
  1. What do you think of the doodles and how they worked together with the video and the lyrics? Did the doodles affect you or make you feel a certain way? How did they make you feel?
  2. Did you identify with the model used in the video? Why, what was it about her that made you identify with her?
  3. What did you think of the concept/ narrative of the music video? Do you believe it worked with the song and the lyrics of the song? Why?
  4.  At the end of the video, what was the message you got out of this music video? Did you feel fulfilled at the end of the video?

… in addition to the questions asked by my partner. 

The reason I would have wanted to ask these questions is because when I was creating my edit of our music video I came across many questions, such as, how do I want my audience to feel about this model; why is that; what should the model represent to them; should they like her or hate her; and many other question such as those. I thought long and hard on the impact this music video should have on our audience, especially considering Roland Barthes Enigma code and how an audience must feel fulfilled at the end of the video due to the climax and resolution of the video. This helps create a reaction in the audience, therefore making the video memorable. All the music videos I saw as inspiration, even the concept-based ones, either had a subtle message behind them or made me feel fulfilled at the end of them. the feeling of fulfilment at the end of a music video can be very satisfying and therefore effective in leaving an impact on the audience, which is ultimately desired. I would have liked to know what my audience felt about the doodles and how they worked together with the video. If they thought it was successful and whether they were seamless in the music video, as we intended. I also wanted to find out what our audience felt about the model. Did she affect them? Was she irrelevant? I wanted to find all of this out in order to understand what she resembles for our audience members. I wanted to know if she was relatable and portrayed in an approachable way or if she seemed unapproachable and more like a celebrity or an elite member of society. The reason I wanted to know this is because I wanted to know if she was being seen the way we wanted her to be seen. If our portrayal of her was successful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis: J Cole - False Prophets (Music Video)

Practice Video: Music Video 1

Planning: The Process of Picking Songs